Cupertino-based global tech giant Apple has officially announced the schedule for its much-awaited annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) from June 11 to June 15 at San Francisco’s Moscone West.
The annual five-day conference will faciliate developers to learn about the future of iOS and OS X, allowing them to build incredible new apps. The conference will have more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers, before concluding with the presentation of the popular Apple Design Awards for developers of the most outstanding apps in the past year.
“We have a great WWDC planned this year and can’t wait to share the latest news about iOS and OS X Mountain Lion with developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The iOS platform has created an entirely new industry with fantastic opportunities for developers across the country and around the world.”
Developers will have an opportunity to explore the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X Mountain Lion and learn how to enhance the functionality, performance, and design of their apps during the conference. Developers can even bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers, applying development techniques and best-practices to enhance their apps, said the company.
Agenda at Apple’s WWDC 2012 includes:
– About 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
– Hundred hands-on labs staffed by more than 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
– The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
– Engaging lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
– Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
– Developers who are unable to attend this year’s conference can access and watch all technical sessions from the Apple Developer website (developer.apple.com/videos) as soon as they are posted for free.
Get an early start with on-site registration starting Sunday, June 10 at 9:00 AM.
|Registration Hours||Building Hours|
|Sun, June 10||9:00 AM—7:00 PM||9:00 AM—7:00 PM|
|Mon, June 11||7:00 AM —5:00 PM||7:00 AM—6:00 PM|
|Tue, June 12||8:00 AM—5:00 PM||8:00 AM—9:00 PM|
|Wed, June 13||8:00 AM—5:00 PM||8:00 AM—6:00 PM|
|Thu, June 14||8:00 AM—6:00 PM||8:00 AM—6:00 PM|
|Fri, June 15||8:00 AM—12:00 PM||8:00 AM—5:00 PM|